Dorset 2021 (9th - 11th July)
Last updated (7th April)
The road map seems to be holding and the Dorset Walk is happening.
- Places are limited – it will be first come first served.
- This is NOT for secondary students – you need to sign up via your schools.
- This is NOT the sign up for the Non-Dorset Walk visit this page
- The Sign Up form is at the bottom of this page
- Further information about how the Walk works can be found here.
Friday 9th – Sunday 11th July
- Travel days for schools are Thursday 8th and Monday 12th July.
- Most adults arrive Thursday evening and depart Sunday night (be warned you will be very tired Sunday evening!).
- The Deadline for sign up is 31st May.
- The cost is £100 per person, this includes everything (food, camping, t-shirt per day).
- A £25 deposit will secure you place.
- If the restrictions prevent the walk from going ahead refunds will be provided.
- All 3 days and camping £100
- All 3 days in a lodge/B&B £60 (Lodge/B&B arrange independently)
- All 3 days for children U-12 – £50
- Price per day £35
- Volunteer £50 donation
This year more than ever we don’t want cost to be a barrier. We are desperately seeking financial support to enable as many young people as possible to take part. In particular providing free spaces for the most financially disadvantaged children (if you or your business can help please get in contact).
- According to the roadmap all restrictions will be lifted on 21st June. We are planning for all eventualities.
- The official capacity is 400 people, although this year this may well have to be reduced.
- There may initially be a limited number of places, followed by an increasing number, if restrictions continue to be relaxed.
- Sign up will operate on a first come first served basis.
Health and Safety
- The walk itself will run at the same campsite and the route will remain the same. We are in regular contact with the campsite.
- We are currently working with the Cambs County Trips Advisor to ensure we are able to operate with appropriate additional measures – should they be needed.
After last year’s amazing success. The #nondorset walk will again take place. It will occur at the same time period as the Dorset walk. Where possible, we would like people are able to complete their final miles on the Sunday, wherever and however they have completed. Please visit the Non-Dorset page.
- This year could deliver several milestones, one of which being we expect to break the £300,000 mark in terms of funds raised.
- We could have the biggest event ever, 270 being the previous record
- With the increasing numbers we could raise the largest amount of money to date
- It will be the first time we time we have organised both the Dorset and the Non-Dorset Walk.
- Dates – Friday 9th – Sunday 11th July
- Cost – £100 per person
- Where you can stay – Burnbake Campsite, Corfe Castle (Lodges are full this year at Burnbake. B&Bs locally may still have places)
- Further details – available on the Dorset Walk overview page
Facebook event page https://www.facebook.com/events/3036368129746228?active_tab=about
Please fill in the form below to sign-up for the walk and then follow the link to pay your deposit (£25) to secure your space.
Please note that this sign-up form is for the Dorset Walk 2021 – not the Non-Dorset Walk which has a separate sign-up form found here
If you are a current student please do NOT sign up for the walk using this form. Instead contact your school for details on how to take part.