Dorset Walk 2023
Dates 6th – 10th July
This will be the 15th year of the Dorset Walk.
Please read below for more information on how you can get involved.
The Dorset Walk 2023
We have confirmed the dates for the Dorset Walk 2023 – we are walking: Friday 7th, Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th July 2023
- Places are limited – it will be first come first served.
- This page is NOT for secondary students to sign up.
- Further information about how the Dorset Walk works can be found here.
- Schools travel Thursday 6th and Monday 10th July.
- A lot of adults arrive Thursday evening and depart Sunday night (be warned you will be very tired Sunday evening!).
Contact us: email@example.com
- The cost is £125 per person, this includes everything (food, camping and a t-shirt per day).
- A £25 deposit will secure you place.
- All 3 days and camping £125
- All 3 days in a lodge/B&B £75 (Lodge/B&B you will need to arrange independently)
- All 3 days for children U-12 – £50
- Price per day £40
- Volunteers free
Cost is often a barrier for many students and families. We are desperately seeking financial support to enable as many young people as possible to take part.
We try to offer free spaces for the most financially disadvantaged children (if you or your business can help please get in contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We do not carry equipment – we stay at the same campsite every night and are transported to and from start/finish positions each day. We assist adults with transportation.
- Where you can stay: the event is at Burnbake Campsite, Corfe Castle – the majority of people camp here. Lodges are available at Burnbake (discounted if you are with TMWF). There are also plenty B&Bs locally. If you are camping we book this for you.
- The walk is very physically demanding, we strongly suggest you prepare/train before the event.
As the event has grown so has the demand for non-walking volunteers. The roles include: transport support, driving support vehicles throughout each walk day, cooking and preparing food, assisting with camp provisions. Basically we need as many bodies as possible. If you are able to assist please indicate this on the sign up form or if you have any queries please email email@example.com